My story was based on the human body fighting a potentially losing battle against a disease. The land of Biena represents the whole human body, I got this idea by thinking of what the body is and it's a BEING, so I rearranged the 'i' and the 'e' then replaced the 'g' with an 'a'.
The Palace of Birn is the brain, the control centre of the body, by rearranging brain and removing 'a' I got Birn.
The castles are the body's organs and the mentioned castles were the most major organs, the liver (Buli), the lungs (Inha and Exha) and the heart (Bata).
The patrolling groups of Biena were cells in the bloodstream.
The underground network of wires was the nervous system sending messages to the brain and back.
The Videstans as you can probably guess is the disease.
Finally the paratroopers were the antibiotics arriving unexpectantly to kill the disease.
My language was non-existent within this story because it would've taken too many words (I got exactly 500), if I was going to use language I would've had them speak the way I speak because it's the human body, the cells make us.
Thank you for putting up with this ****.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your allegory works well and you have described your choices of different aspects of the body well. And of course you've used language and made language choices!! Have a think about the way you've set the story up like a mythic battle and the kind of words you've chosen to fit with this. Even the way you have moved the names around so they sound like fantasy-style names is a conscious language choice you could mention. I'll suggest a few more in my comment on your actual allegory.
Post a Comment